A conviction in Maine for Operating Under the Influence (OUI, commonly called DUI elsewhere) can have serious, life-changing consequences:
- You can go to jail – even on your first offense
- Your license can be suspended even before you go to court
- Your license can be suspended for your entire lifetime
- Your license can be suspended even if you live in another state
- You can be fined thousands of dollars
Truck drivers: You will lose your license (and your livelihood) for a year for a first conviction – and for life upon your second conviction.
Other consequences can include increased insurance costs, limitations on travel to other countries, and serious job implications, to name only a few.
Additional Resource: What Happens After You Are Charged with an OUI In Maine
DUI Attorney John S. Webb can build a powerful defense to protect you from these problems.
Free Drunk Driving Case Review
Consult John S. Webb – for a confidential DUI Case Review at no charge. You can also request a free case review for other types of criminal cases, such as federal and state drug and gun law violations.