A conviction in Maine for Operating Under the Influence (OUI – commonly called DUI in most other states) can have serious, life-changing consequences:
- You can go to jail – even on your first drunk driving offense.
- Your license can be suspended even before you go to court.
- Your license can be suspended for your entire lifetime.
- Your license can be suspended even if you live in another state.
- You can be fined thousands of dollars.
CDL Truck Drivers: You will lose your license (and your livelihood) for a year for a first conviction – and for life upon your second conviction.
Other consequences for those charged with OUI and subsequently convicted can include increased insurance costs, limitations on travel to other countries, license suspension, and serious job implications, to name only a few.
Additional Resource: What Happens After You Are Charged with an OUI In Maine
Free Drunk Driving Case Review
Talk with defense attorney John S. Webb for a confidential DUI case review at no charge. Read Big John’s trial lawyer client reviews at Google. During this initial DUI lawyer free consultation John will begin to formulate your best OUI defense given the case facts, such as a damaging sobriety test result. You can also request a free case review for other types of criminal cases, such as federal court and district court drug and gun law violations, to receive free DUI lawyer advice.