Criminal Attorneys Near Me in Portland Maine and Saco Maine
Criminal Defense Attorney Maine and OUI lawyer John S. Webb is a criminal defense attorney with offices in Saco, ME and Portland ME. Since 1992, John has been a small business owner, in private law practice in southern Maine, defending criminal defense law cases that primarily involved alcohol or drugs, or both. Due to Maine’s long coastline and interstate highways, drug possession is one of our primary practice areas.
While our zealous legal counselors are willing to tackle almost any legal issue, real estate and family law are not within our “comfort zone.” Our law firm members are TRIAL lawyers and want to go to battle with the District Attorneys to vindicate our clients. For those charged with DUI, our legal team is fully equipped and prepared to go to battle in the Maine criminal justice system.
Find the Best Criminal Trial Lawyers in Maine
If you are comparing criminal attorneys near me, make sure that you take advantage of a FREE lawyer consultation with one of our three Portland Maine DUI attorneys or Saco ME OUI lawyers. These legal advocates offer a free interview and review of your criminal case facts. Instead of settling for the first attorney with a State Bar card from a generic lawyer directory, come in to MEET our Maine attorneys, and let us show you the huge difference between criminal defense lawyers.
Having heard from many citizens facing criminal charges and wanting representation by one of the Portland Maine law firms, Mr. Webb has now opened a second office in Portland MA, near the district court in downtown Portland. Come by our law firm located at 120 Exchange Street, 4th Floor, Portland, ME 04101. That local phone number is 207-835-7008. Our Portland Maine OUI attorneys are ready to explain our legal services for those facing a felony indictment or misdemeanor accusation. When you are vetting law firms near me, know that our criminal lawyers will dedicate ourselves to finding a favorable outcome to your pending criminal charges.
Defending Felony vs Misdemeanor Charges in Southern Maine
This includes possession of drugs, trafficking drugs, manufacturing drugs, marijuana possession, drug distribution, and driving under the influence (DUI) which is known as operating under the influence (OUI) in the southern portion of the State of Maine. Most people arrested for DUI-OUI tend to limit their Maine attorney search to DUI lawyers near me, for a drunk driving case, and our two office locations are here to serve you.
Attorney Webb and his two associate attorneys in Maine provide solid criminal law defenses in an Operating Under the Influence case. Our Maine attorneys handle DUI defense – OUI, DUI, DWI, DWID – in both state courts & federal courts for the areas shown on the map above. No matter the severity of your criminal accusation, from sex crimes to battery to drug crimes like possession of marijuana, our three attorneys in southern Maine stand ready to provide a stellar defense when you have been accused of a crime.
Our Portland Maine OUI attorney and Saco, Maine attorneys undertake a comprehensive criminal investigation that includes (but is not limited to) the following procedures and steps:
- Obtaining, reviewing, and scrutinizing the arrest records and police reports
- Interviewing eyewitnesses
- Visiting the roadway, for traffic offense cases like an OUI in Maine
- Doing a full scientific analysis of the state’s evidence in your case
- Attempting to interview and investigate any witnesses for the prosecution
- Searching for physical evidence: possible video evidence from a business, or similar additional proof of your innocence
- Reviewing and analyzing the state’s evidence, as provided in discovery
- Researching specific case law, statutory law, and constitutional law that applies to your case
- Locating and retaining experts to be witnesses on scientific issues, if necessary
Quick Facts About Southern Maine Criminal Lawyer John S. Webb (DUI Attorney Near Me)
- Over 20 years experience in criminal defense (state and federal)
- Trial Attorney, Criminal and Civil
- Born: Sanford, Maine, 1961.
- Residence: Sanford, Maine.
- Sanford High School, Sanford, Maine, Class of 1979
- Maine Maritime Academy, Engineering BS – Bachelor of Science; Minor in Engineering Science 1983
- Norfolk Naval Shipyard, Design Engineering Division, Mechanical Engineer Portsmouth, VA 1983 – 1989
- Mechanical Engineer, Department of the Navy, including project engineer for the Nimitz Class Aircraft Carriers from 1983 – 1989.
- Licensed to practice law in Maine since 1992.
- In private practice since 1992.
- 3-year internship in York County (Maine) District Attorney’s office from 1989 through 1992 while attending Law School.
- Completed Intoxilyzer 8000 Operator’s Course, 2017 Portland, ME
- Vermont Law School – Juris Doctor cum laude & General Practice Program Class of 1992
- Intoxilyzer 8000 Training Industrial Training & Design, LTD Toronto 2013
- Intoxilyzer 5000 Operator CES, Inc. Florida 2005
- Sustaining Member DUI attorney, National College for DUI Defense (NCDD) 2009 – Present
- State Delegate, National College for DUI Defense (NCDD)
- Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (MACDL) 2009 – Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), DUI Committee 2009 – Present
- York County Bar Association, Past President, Past President’s Committee and Member 1992 – Present
- Maine State Bar Association, 1992 – Present
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association, 1992 – Present
- United States Coast Guard 3rd Assistant Engineering License, 1983
- Sanford Mainers Baseball Club, a franchise of the New England Collegiate Baseball League; GM & Asst. GM, 2003 to Present
John Webb Lawyer Speaking Engagements & Legal Industry Achievements
- NCDD Summer Session 2016 Faculty Breakout Session Co-Instructor, 2016 in Cambridge, MA
- York County Bar CLE Defending Against the Intoxilyzer 8000 2015
- Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers OUI Seminar Defending OUI’s in Maine 2014
- MACDL Annual Meeting – Sentencing Techniques Federal & State 2014
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers DUI Seminar Trial Skills Workshop Instructor 2012
- National College (NCDD) Summer Session Cross Examination – Breakout Session Co-Instructor 2011
- MACDL Annual CLE Bureau of Motor Vehicle (DMV) Issues & Case Update 2011
- 15th Annual NACDL DWI Means Defend with Ingenuity Field Sobriety Testing – Cross Examination Breakout Speaker 2011
- NCDD Summer Session 2010 Closing Arguments – Breakout Session Co-Instructor 2010
- Maine Criminal Defense Lawyers CLE Advanced Training for OUI Defense 2009
- OUI CLE Basic OUI Defense Laying the Cornerstone 2008
- Maine Criminal Defense CLE “Basic Training for OUI Defense” 2008
- Lorman OUI CLE Strategies in Handling DWI and DUI Cases 2006
- York County Bar CLE What Jail Can Do for Your Client 2005
- Lorman OUI CLE OUI/DUI Defense: Demystifying the Science 2005
- Lorman DWI/DUI CLE Strategies in Handling DWI and DUI Cases 2003
- Lorman OUI CLE Strategies in Handling DWI and DUI Cases 2002
More About Attorney John S. Webb (aka “Big John”)
For baseball fans, be aware that Mr. Webb is also the General Manager (GM) of the Sanford Mainers baseball team which plays in the New England Collegiate Baseball League (NECBL). You can follow John on Twitter @MaineOUI and visit his blog OUIHotline.com. John has been married since 1998.
John Webb is a DUI attorney near me who has extensive experience within the DUI and OUI fields in Maine over the last 27 years. He has received awards and accolades for his success in the DUI Defense field and is widely considered one of the top Maine lawyers for practicing criminal defense. John Webb has built his litigation firm from the ground up, and now has two associate attorneys, Katie Campbell and Vincent S. LoConte.
Contact Webb Law Firm by calling 207-283-6400 to schedule your free consultation this week with a DUI defense attorney near me.
Our Maine lawyers will speak directly with you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may also contact Maine Attorney John Webb by using our convenient online contact form. Ask about your FREE Lawyer Consultation, Attorney Fee Payment Plans, and positive client reviews.